- An appointment is required
- You MUST bring the REQUISITION and your HEALTH CARD
- If you are late for your appointment or are not properly prepared, you will be rebooked
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to register
- 24 Hours notice is required to change or cancel an appointment or you will be charged for the missed appointment
- DO NOT EAT – Ninety minutes before your test time, go to the washroom and empty your bladder.
- Now, drink 5 LARGE GLASSES (40 ounces, 1.3 litres) OF WATER over the next thirty minutes You MUST finish the water ONE FULL HOUR BEFORE your appointment time.
- DO NOT GO TO THE WASHROOM until after the ultrasound.
The procedure is the same as listed for abdomen and pelvis. The sonographer will check your bladder and if it is full, do the pelvic ultrasound and let you go the bathroom before proceeding with the abdominal portion of the exam.
A transvaginal ultrasound may be required