Bone Density Test, DEXA
- An appointment is required
- You MUST bring the REQUISITION and your HEALTH CARD
- If you are late for your appointment you will be rebooked
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to register
- 24 Hours notice is required to change or cancel an appointment or you will be charged for the missed appointment
- There is no preparation needed for this test.
- Please wear a comfortable 2 piece outfit with no zippers or metal.
- If you have had a barium test or have had isotopes injected for a nuclear medicine test or CT scan, please inform us as you may have to wait 2 weeks before having a bone Density test.
You will lie down on your back on the table. The technologist will places your legs in 2 different positions for each area being measured. A small arm attached to the table will move across your body and the images will be captured by the technologist. Once the pictures have been taken, you are free to go.
Your doctor will get the results.